Re: [chrony-users] hwtimestamp

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 07:12:20AM +0200, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> On journal I see chronyd[980]: Enabled HW timestamping (TX only) on eth0.
>
> And having two devices with the same configuration pooling each other
> with noselect I get in the measurements.log MTxRx always "4B K K".
>
> Something missing or this is what is expected with "HW timestamping (TX only)"?

No, that doesn't look right. There should be an "H" in the log, at
least for some entries. What NIC driver does it use? Does it work with
ptp4l? Maybe the HW can get a transmit HW timestamp only for PTP
packets. A Broadcom 10gb NIC has this weird limitation, which cannot
be described in the Linux timestamping API.