[chrony-users] hwtimestamp

I'm trying hwtimestamp for the first time on a Beaglebone black. I run
a custom kernel and a custom compiled chronyd (3.5).

Kernel has CONFIG_PTP_1588_CLOCK=y.

Hardware has partial support:

sudo ethtool -T eth0
Time stamping parameters for eth0:
Capabilities:
hardware-transmit     (SOF_TIMESTAMPING_TX_HARDWARE)
software-transmit     (SOF_TIMESTAMPING_TX_SOFTWARE)
hardware-receive      (SOF_TIMESTAMPING_RX_HARDWARE)
software-receive      (SOF_TIMESTAMPING_RX_SOFTWARE)
software-system-clock (SOF_TIMESTAMPING_SOFTWARE)
hardware-raw-clock    (SOF_TIMESTAMPING_RAW_HARDWARE)
PTP Hardware Clock: 0
Hardware Transmit Timestamp Modes:
off                   (HWTSTAMP_TX_OFF)
on                    (HWTSTAMP_TX_ON)
Hardware Receive Filter Modes:
none                  (HWTSTAMP_FILTER_NONE)
ptpv1-l4-event        (HWTSTAMP_FILTER_PTP_V1_L4_EVENT)
ptpv2-event           (HWTSTAMP_FILTER_PTP_V2_EVENT)

chrony.conf has hwtimestamp *

On journal I see chronyd[980]: Enabled HW timestamping (TX only) on eth0.

And having two devices with the same configuration pooling each other
with noselect I get in the measurements.log MTxRx always "4B K K".

Something missing or this is what is expected with "HW timestamping (TX only)"?

Thanks,
Nuno