Re: [chrony-users] chrony.conf enhancement request (trailing comments)

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 03:40:02PM -0700, Rich Wales wrote:
> It would be nice if the "chrony.conf" parser would accept (and ignore)
> comments on the ends of directives, such as the following example:
>
> allow 10.0.0.0/8        # local network
>
> Not crucial, to be sure, but it would be helpful.

It would be helpful, but I'm not sure if someone doesn't use one of
the comment characters (#, %, ;) in filenames or refclock refids,
which would be interpreted as a comment if trailing comments
were allowed. E.g.

logdir /var/log/chrony#1
refclock SHM 0 refid #PPS poll 2