[chrony-users] Re: Configuring chronyd w/o real time source

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 11:18:25PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> for a test setup I need to configure chronyd to run in an isolated
> network without internet access and without any real time source
> other than the system clock.  The only requirement is that the
> server replies to any client request with the system time and
> claims that its absolutely precise.

Okay, I have this in chrony.conf:

  initstepslew 1
  local stratum 1
  allow all
  smoothtime 400 0.001

but it does not work:

  $ ntpdate -v localhost
  16 Mar 16:43:23 ntpdate[12530]: ntpdate 4.2.8p10@1.3728-o Sun Feb 25 21:22:56 UTC 2018 (1)
  16 Mar 16:43:31 ntpdate[12530]: no server suitable for synchronization found

What ist wrong with this config?  (chronyd *is* running and
listening on port 123).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--