Re: [chrony-users] Obtaining current version of chronyd via chronyc

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 03:08:33PM -0800, Watson Ladd wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm writing because when we upgrade chronyd across our machines we'd
> like to know the new version is running, and access that data
> programmatically. Unfortunately it seems that chronyc -v prints the
> version of chronyc, not chronyd. Are there solutions people have, or
> should I write and submit a patch?

chronyd -v prints the version and you can check if the running
instance is the current chronyd binary by reading the exe link in
/proc.

If restart of the service failed after an upgrade, you would get:

# readlink /proc/$(pidof chronyd)/exe
/usr/sbin/chronyd (deleted)