Von: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2019 14:32
An: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [chrony-users] Indication / notification that chrony is synched with an ntp source successfully using chronyc

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 12:21:56PM +0000, Philipp Hofstetter wrote:
> We configured chrony to do a step, if the difference between the system clock and the ntp-time is greater than 1 second, but only for the first three synchronizations:
> makestep 1.0 3
>
> If we understood it correctly, we don't have to expect another time step when this 3 synchronizations have been done successfully - is that corrrect?

Yes.

> Is it somehow possible to know from outside (e.g. using chronyc or reading log files, etc) when chrony has done with these 3 first synchronozations? We didn't see an onbvious possibility using chronyc to gather such an information.

One possibility would be to count how many times has changed the
"Ref time" field in chronyc tracking, e.g. repeating the command once
per second.

If you changed the number of updates in makestep from 3 to 1, you
could just check if the Reference ID is not 0.0.0.0, or use the
chronyc waitsync command.

Another possibility is to enable the tracking log and count lines that
don't have the 0.0.0.0 IP address.