Re: [chrony-users] Using offset every 6 months instead of Daylight

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Mehdi Shirazi wrote:

Hi
For a large network with old nodes instead of setting Daylight Times one by one on them(some nodes
have incorrect Daylight dates ) I want to use offset in chrony.conf and every six month I add one
hour=3600 second to it and after 6 months remove it  and disable Daylight Saving on all nodes.
Do you think this will work ?

What system are all those nodes running on? For any modern system, including
Windows apparently, the system time is kept running on UTC and the actual time
interpretation is done using zoneinfo files to determine what the current
local time is. Ie, the computer already does the work you seem to want to do
by hand.

Regards
M.Shirazi