Re: [chrony-users] GPS time

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 10:49:22AM -0400, Steve Summit wrote:
> > * Is there a list of NMEA sentences (and fields) which chrony requires?
>
> chronyd doesn't work with NMEA. That's the job of gpsd, which uses the
> SHM or SOCK protocol to feed chronyd with samples.

Ah.  Makes sense.  But this then raises a real puzzle:
If (as I've confirmed with cgps) gpsd is receiving my synthetic
GPS data, why is gpsd evidently not forwarding it on across the
SHM interface to chrony?  The implication is that gpsd is deciding
(as if on chrony's behalf) whether the data is worth forwarding.
I shall have to pursue this question from the gpsd end.  Thanks.