Re: [chrony-users] Improving OS X start and wake from sleep performance

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 10:58:48PM +0000, Neville Hillyer wrote:
> I have tried several things to improve the performance such as running sntp before Chrony to set the cmos clock and running sntp at five minute intervals but both of these upset the stability of Chrony. The one thing that does improve performance is to restart Chrony upon waking. I do this with a small script in my Chrony launchd - see below.

Instead of restarting chronyd you could try running "chronyc burst
4/4" after resume. I'm not sure if that will help or not.

You could also try the rtcsync option to keep the RTC close to the
real time, so there will be a smaller offset after resume (assuming
the time is initialized from the RTC).