Re: [chrony-users] Defaulting to stepping the clock

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Bill Unruh <unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But the clock is not good and for some reason you switched on chonyd when it
> was not good. Is it more important to slowly slew the clock or to get it on
> time as quickly as possible.

Personally I'd prefer a third option of just failing loudly and make
me have to fix the system manually to give me a chance of
understanding the root cause.

> No, there is so so much junk pasted to the screen during installing that
> that
> request would get lost in the noise and the clock would stay way out.

I was thinking of one question that defaults to yes and has to be gone
through doing the install. But just doing it by default on install (or
maybe even first boot) with no questions would also be fine.

But I realize this is mostly bikeshedding. I could use the current
default without much issue and it's easy enough to set something else
with puppet anyway.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Pedro