Re: [chrony-users] makestep in Chrony

Hello Hei,

i use the call
	chronyc waitsync 1 1 500
for knowing if chrony has already achieved synchronization.
Attached a trivial shell script which you can use as boolean command:
	chrony_is_synced && do_something || fail_somehow_if_not_synced
or you can call it
	chrony_is_synced -v
to get the result on stdout.

The first parameter to waitsync (1) tells chronyc to only check once, i.e. ,
the call will be (roughly) non-blocking.
You can change that into "0" or a big number to get a blocking command, it
will wait (long/forever) to sync. Attached also my "chrony_wait_sync" shell
command).
On purpose i use big max-correction and max-skew values (1 500), to allow for
a fast(er) rough initial synchronization.

BTW, chronyc burst  will _NOT_ give you any synchronization warranty, it will
only force so many measurements from (each) server.

Hope it helps, Ariel