Re: [chrony-users] chronyc always exits 0 without any output

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Wilkinson, Matthew wrote:

I recently installed an Oracle Linux 7.5 servers with Chrony 3.2. The chronyd will
start up, read the config, and synchronize just fine (according to the syslogs).

Is chronyd actually running? ps auxww|grep chronyd |grep -v grep

However, when I run chronyc, no matter what options I give it (even -d) and even if I
give it no options, it just exits with return 0 and no output.

That is very strange. Even if chronyd is not running it should start up.

Anyone run into this before or know of a way I can find out why itʼs doing this? Iʼve
ran an strace on it, and it just quickly runs through some calls and exits 0.

"some calls" is a bit vague.
Does chronyc -d give you any hints?

Thanks,

Matthew Wilkinson