Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 at 4:15 PM
From: "Ariel Garcia" <a.garcia@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [chrony-users] gpsd:ERROR... Permission denied

During reboot, I see [OK] Started NTP client/server.
Is it okay for the NTP client/server to be running next to chronyd?

I guess that is the message printed when starting chrony.
Are you using systemd?

Check chrony's systemd status with
# systemctl status chrony
mine shows:
	chrony.service - NTP client/server

or just check the [Unit] Description field in
	/lib/systemd/system/chrony.service
or
	/etc/systemd/system/chrony.service

If you really have NTPd running besides chrony, then you have two programs
trying to "correct" the same clock... which will make both misunderstand the
clock drift. In that case you must definitely chose one and turn off the other.
Since you are in the chrony mailing list, you must of course turn off NTPd
off ;-)

--
Dr. Ariel García
Gemfony scientific UG (haftungsbeschränkt)

Phone:   +49 7247 934 2783
Fax:     +49 7247 934 2781
E-Mail:  a.garcia@xxxxxxxxxx
Web:     http://www.gemfony.eu

Geschäftsführer:   Dr. Rüdiger Berlich
HandelsregisterNr: HRB 710566, Amtsgericht Mannheim, Ust-IdNr: DE274421406