Re: [chrony-users] Chrony forgets servers (specified by FQDN) when no DNS server

On 12/20/2017 09:01 AM, Bill Unruh wrote:
No idea if it will work, but you could put the IP address in instead of names
for your servers-- that way no dns is needed.

I have longstanding arrangements with several NTP time sources. For those sources, those that don't do load-sharing with DNS, I have manually resolved the FQDN and put the IP address in the config file.

For [0-3].centos.pool.ntp.org I have left them defined by their FQDN -- so if chrony(8) "forgets" them, I still have my GPS NTP box plus four external sources for time synchronization.