Re: [chrony-users] Re: chrony losing sync with timeserver and never recovers

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:19:57PM +1100, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
> Hi chrony-users,
>
> Anyone know why chrony would stop polling time servers?  maxpoll is
> supposed to be 1024 (17 minutes) max, but I my system polls initially
> and then seems to stop polling servers completely.  The example below
> shows 463 days with no response from 2 servers.

What does "chronyc activity" say when this happens?

The default is "online" for servers specified in chrony.conf without
the "offline" option. Maybe you have a ppp script that calls "chronyc
offline" when the link goes down, but there is no script that would
call "chronyc online" when it goes up?