Re: [chrony-users] Time offset on versions 3+ without hw timestamping

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 03:58:07PM +0200, Thibaut BEYLER wrote:
> Coming back to my isues with chrony 3 : I played a bit with cpu power
> management recently, at first to figure out first my problem with PPS
> sources, and found out that disabling the c-states would improve *drastically
> *chrony performances on my systems.

> Would there be any way to get those performance without disabling c-states
> system-wide ?

In case you are not following the chrony-dev list, there was a post
about a program that can disable power saving on a CPU core just for a
moment when it's waiting for the PPS interrupt.

https://listengine.tuxfamily.org/chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-dev/2017/10/msg00012.html