Re: [chrony-users] leapsectz and phc refclock offset

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 09:03:57AM -0400, Chris Perl wrote:
> Thinking about this a bit more, I was wondering what you would think
> about having some manual way to tell chronyd that a given refclock is
> currently in a bad state and should not be used (e.g. some chronyc
> command to do so).  I thought perhaps using something like `offline'
> might just work, but I don't think I'm able to offline a refclock (or,
> at least my first few attempts failed with errors about trying to
> resolve the name).

A new command that could be used to suspend and resume a reference
clock would make sense to me. I'm not sure what would be the best
syntax. I think it has to separate command from the online/offline
commands as those are specific to NTP sources and the argument is
resolved to an IP address.

Please note that suspending a reference clock would not force a
reselection. When a source doesn't have new samples, it can stay
selected until other sources have better statistics.