Re: [chrony-users] Dpoll

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 05:39:05PM -0700, Denny Page wrote:
> When using the PHC refclock with ptp4l, is it expected that the value of dpoll be approximately the same as the PTP delay request interval?

They don't have to be the same. In my experience, a PHC synchronized
over PTP to a master is more stable than the system clock, so if I'm
trying to get the best accuracy, I use a dpoll shorter than the PTP
sync interval. I'd recommend to keep dpoll + 2 <= poll, so the median
filter has at least 4 samples to work with.