Re: [chrony-users] Using symbolic network names in /etc/chrony.conf file?

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:28:09AM -0400, Chris Greenman wrote:
> When you specify a hostname, that's it. It's a 32bit address (ipv4 of
> course).  Throwing a netmask on it does nothing except specify that your
> network segment has 64,510 usable addresses.  Now if you edit /etc/networks
> and add mynet 10.10.0.0 then you can use the mynet/16 notation in your
> chrony.conf

If the network is specified in /etc/networks, there should be no need
to add /16, right?

chronyd doesn't use the getnet*() functions (which work with
/etc/networks), so I'm wondering how does that work. It doesn't seem
to work for me.