Re: [chrony-users] Using symbolic network names in /etc/chrony.conf file?

When you specify a hostname, that's it. It's a 32bit address (ipv4 of course).  Throwing a netmask on it does nothing except specify that your network segment has 64,510 usable addresses.  Now if you edit /etc/networks and add mynet 10.10.0.0 then you can use the mynet/16 notation in your chrony.conf

On Jul 25, 2017 10:19 AM, "Miroslav Lichvar" <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 08:37:18AM +0200, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 08:24:57PM +0000, Parker, Michael D. wrote:
> > The chrony allow directive allows the addition of a symbolic hostname in its
> > specification. However, I took a leap in entering the following directive:
> >
> > allow hostname/16
> >
> > which failed to do what I expected but no configuration file error was
> > flagged.
>
> This is not supported. If allow/deny has a hostname, it always applies
> to all 32 (for IPv4) or 128 bits (for IPv6).

At least for now, I'll fix the parser to not allow slashes after
hostnames in the allow/deny directives/commands.