Re: [chrony-users] Delaying postfix until chronyd gets the time

On 04/21/2017 03:26 AM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 03:42:24PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 04/20/2017 01:03 PM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
The -s option would help with that, but the improved behavior which
restores time from the driftfile when there is no RTC was added in a
newer version than is currently available in CentOS.
Well, my target is Centos7.  Where is -s option documented.
chrony-2.1.1 does have the -s option, but it doesn't use the driftfile
as a fallback. That was added in chrony-2.2.

Sigh. So often the case with Centos. Do you know which Fedora release has it?

I was looking at the man for chronyd, and saw that the man for 2.1.1 says it uses the drift file:

If chronyd doesn't support the RTC on your computer or there is no RTC installed, the system clock will be set with this option forward to the time of the last modification of the drift file (specified by the driftfile directive) to restore the system
              time at which chronyd was previously stopped.

What does the rtcsync in chronyd.conf do?