Re: [chrony-users] Massive difference between NTP clocks and PHC

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 02:57:23AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, Denys Rtveliashvili wrote:
> > I have tried adding PHC to the configuration of chrony and see things like
>
> What is PHC? Could it be trailing-vs-leading-edge-of-a-pulse problem?

It's a clock on a network card, which can precisely timestamp packets.
Typically they are used with PTP and have been historically called PTP
hardware clocks (PHC), but most of them can work also with NTP or any
other protocol. Support for HW timestamping is one of the things I'm
planning for the next version of chrony.