Re: [chrony-users] How to fail over to Internet when local server is not available

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for your reply. I tried removing the offline option from each server but that did not solve the problem. I finally figured out that the issue appears to be related to using the Zeroconf hostname for the laptop (pi-robot-netbook.local). If I use the IP address for the netbook or the DNS hostname of a different host that I know is not an NTP server, the problem goes away.

Using the Zeroconf hostname for the laptop is important so maybe I'll have to live with occasionally manually restarting chrony on the desktop unless there is some other way to have chrony recognize a Zeroconf hostname.

--patrick