Re: [chrony-users] "clients" command maxes out at 4096

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 05:19:25PM +0000, McDonald, Isaac wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I've noticed the "clients" command appears to stop listing clients at 4096.
> Is this intentional? Run "chronyc -a -n -m clients |wc -l " to count the
> amount of clients connecting.

The amount of memory used for monitoring clients is limited, so
chronyd running on a public server doesn't try to take all memory and
crash. It can be configured with the clientloglimit directive. By
default, it's 1 MB by default, which allows monitoring of 4096 clients
at the same time. You can increase it as much as you want and there
should be no impact on the maximum packet rate the server will handle.
Just the chronyc clients command will take much longer :).