Re: [chrony-users] cmdport 0 pause chrony

Idézem/Quoting Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 10:23:18PM +0200, SZÉPE Viktor wrote:

Hello chrony users!

I've backported 2.1.1 to Debian wheezy (who has only v1)

I've noticed that after being "highly secure" and disabling command port by

cmdport 0

chrony updated the clock once at service start then it did nothing (strace)

Are the servers in the config specified with the offline option? I
think that's the default in the Debian package and the chrony init
script switches them to online via chronyc if the network is up when
the service is starting.

If cmdport is disabled, chronyc won't be able to connect to chronyd
and switch them to online. In chrony 2.2 and later it would work as
chronyc talks to chronyd over Unix domain socket, which is not
affected by cmdport.

Thank you!
I've even read about switching ntp servers to online.

All the best!

SZÉPE Viktor
--
+36-20-4242498  sms@xxxxxxxxx  skype: szepe.viktor