|Re: [chrony-users] DNS RR and chrony|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] DNS RR and chrony
- From: Bryan Christianson <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 05:27:19 +1300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=smtpcorp.com; s=a0-2; h=Feedback-ID:X-Smtpcorp-Track:To:Message-Id:Date: From:Subject; bh=nKvLSJMqUMPdQppM6FRhsh7J9gHIcet43bZp+iN0eIY=; b=jMdeL0ORbPTU M6+HHTe+8u5L3ZVMr1lKnPkkt4rlZEQnoJ6owzopkm4tgDk4l80hIonNuyGo5HK5RZSvlnGouJIn9 R6RZDe6X4yUO7tB0Zb81WB20BtRoym9x1iH8SjE0SgW9etx80ntI3PkQpeE9Aj642SyPw9uDPedPm 6/UucfcFC5ZOjkBIQ13hTsFwucCtD1y1mPJ9kLT4+3f7qjjfbAHJWLEHRkzZOEayrd/cuKww7nTPi cQ3IJE0aA+1W9n0t8+KwBEqwmPl1rjSD12GbusCFwbDMydNNI27WVdTlXTWgc98kYGVRbA5A9qAOu ma+LZFSEOZsea1/8O6giCw==;
- Feedback-id: 149811m:149811acx33YQ:149811sIcnO7MPPz:SMTPCORP
> On 18/03/2016, at 4:30 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, chronyc now has a -c option to print reports in a CSV format,
> all values in the same units. It should be much easier to parse if
> anyone still needs to do that.
The -c output from chronyc looks really good and useful.
My OSX program, ChronyControl, runs a persistent connection to chronyc and sends it a ‘tracking’ command every (user configurable) few seconds. Currently this is of course parsing the display format of the tracking command.
To get CSV output I would have to run a new instance of chronic every few seconds and this seems like a lot of overhead.
Would it be possible to add an optional argument to the internal chronyc commands to have them also return CSV format? Optionally JSON and XML would be nice formats as well.
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.