Re: [chrony-users] DNS RR and chrony

> On 18/03/2016, at 4:30 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Also, chronyc now has a -c option to print reports in a CSV format,
> all values in the same units. It should be much easier to parse if
> anyone still needs to do that.

The -c output  from chronyc looks really good and useful.

My OSX program, ChronyControl, runs a persistent connection to chronyc and sends it a ‘tracking’ command every (user configurable) few seconds. Currently this is of course parsing the display format of the tracking command.

To get CSV output I would have to run a new instance of chronic every few seconds and this seems like a lot of overhead.

Would it be possible to add an optional argument to the internal chronyc commands to have them also return CSV format? Optionally JSON and XML would be nice formats as well.

--
Bryan Christianson
bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx