|Re: [chrony-users] DNS RR and chrony|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] DNS RR and chrony
- From: Bryan Christianson <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 08:04:53 +1300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=smtpcorp.com; s=a0-2; h=Feedback-ID:X-Smtpcorp-Track:To:Message-Id:Date: From:Subject; bh=oOHnn6twFWe6+Krks6K2fbLU9valZgqClHJ6Mfv1KGA=; b=zkfQM9FtcxJk bvHHhRdEs0kVSXJC6fsF8QLCsJkfc0EsBIVm9JEUpP72XK2Zsa2ozdXJWoaEmjHl4WprR1Z1xgoEA ld5V5cDlJJyizyyhaTB/WpAHIXTsw9Lxy5suLDMAxQHPpXmMUBoEHEqGuxViCKuurle8oY8E6cVdT OyU9iZ9/6VMo/+pECxXnooPDIT5Zqt6NlNaCPlEy4C5HhD4KvDVC/wotnlLtErJUkr/IVl/kFHJCF Zgq3WMLsOgZtn45zae/IhkAdn6FOP37iKjeMtA9jh5jlsBAEtI2Fxwg0hbqOMRVWbhiqs/Du7rbQe 9M+/B7G5FiQHpSU75sq0fw==;
- Feedback-id: 149811m:149811acx33YQ:149811sIcnO7MPPz:SMTPCORP
> On 18/03/2016, at 6:34 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you start chronyc with -c and write commands to the stdin, the
> tracking command will still print the report in the CSV format.
Oh - Thats cool thanks :)
>> Would it be possible to add an optional argument to the internal chronyc commands to have them also return CSV format? Optionally JSON and XML would be nice formats as well.
> Would JSON or XML be easier for you to parse? I guess it wouldn't be
> difficult to implement, I'm just not sure if it's worth the extra
Its semantically better - means the client code is not dependent on the field order but can just do lookup by name once the data is loaded. Anyway - its not essential, so up to you.
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.