Re: [chrony-users] Delays before daemonizing

On 12/01/15 14:46, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 01:39:15PM +0100, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
>> That's what I have now. Works just as fine - I don't remember why I
>> had the old driver enabled, probably because it came with an old
>> configuration template and has been working fine since then.
>>
>> All good now :)
>
> Great :). Now the question is how many users have initstepslew in
> their config. If it was in a default/recommended config at some point,
> it could be a lot of unhappy users when the background option is
> removed from the init script.

I'm reasonably certain that was my own doing, a loong time ago. :)

The current package installs examples/chrony.conf.example1 as initial
configuration [1], and that looks very stripped down and sensible
out of the box. So I think we're good. The worst that can happen is
that people have a slower, but correct startup for all the right
reasons, so that wouldn't even be too wrong.

thanks!
Holger

[1] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-misc/chrony/chrony-2.2.ebuild#n102