Re: [chrony-users] Delays before daemonizing

....and of course I get to answer my own question. :)

> I haven't looked at the source yet, but it seems to me that loading and
> verifiying the configuration should not take several seconds before
> forking and returning. I don't have a ton of sources (2), they are all
> inhouse, healthy, reachable and DNS resolvable etc. So..any ideas?

So this turned out to be my use of initstepslew with two sources, which of
course must block before returning. Without it chronyd forks immediately
(unless the configuration has an error), just as expected.

Thanks! :)

-h