Re: [chrony-users] Fwd: Chrony malfunctioning at beaglebones

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 09:02:53PM +0100, Nuno Gonçalves wrote:
> After over 30 minutes the machine that have is not adjusting the clock
> (servers with noselect), don't have any unreasonable estimate, but the
> one adjusting the clock still have very large errors:

If adding noselect made the sourcestats frequency and skew better,
there is definitely something wrong in the clock control, my guess
would be a kernel bug.

> Note this machine have the clock so long in the past because the
> default debian config does not enable steps, and the power on date is
> Jan 1 2000. This doesn't make any difference.

The -s option can be useful for that. When there is no RTC, it will
set the time from the modification time of the driftfile so the time
at least will stay monotonic across reboot.

> Would you like remote access to the machine? I have a clean install of
> debian, so you can hack it at will. If so please send me your public
> key.

Ok. I can try few tests and see if it's indeed a kernel problem. I'll
send you a key.