Re: [chrony-users] Sporadic NTP dropouts (bad maximum delay ratio and maximum delay dev ratio)

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology | unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1     |      and Gravity       | www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/

On Fri, 29 May 2015, Ulrich Schwesinger wrote:

I should maybe mention that:
In a C++ program, I am calling "chronyc sources" in a 10 seconds interval to parse the output and determine the synchronization
status. That shouldn't interfere with chrony operation, should it?

Why?

I am really confused as to what you think you are trying to do. Your poll
intervals are very short. You have only one server, you are querying it every
10 sec?

No (I hope). Im just running "chronyc sources" every 10 seconds to read out the synch status. I'm not intending to trigger a query from the client to the server. The application reports the NTP status to a watchdog module.