Re: [chrony-users] Large corrections with no network connectivity

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 04:47:03PM +0100, slippyr4 wrote:
> I am using gpsd and linuxpps for my time source. To that end, i have this
> in chrony.conf:-
>
> refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock SHM0 poll 1 prefer
> refclock SHM 0 offset 0.125 delay 0.2 refid SHM0 poll 2 noselect

> I'd like to find a way for chrony to correct that time rapidly.
>
> It looks like initstepslew is almost what I want, but not quite - because
> it wants to operate with ntp servers on the network, which are not
> available?

Yes, initstepslew works only with NTP sources, not refclocks.

I think the makestep directive is what you are looking for. For
example, with "makestep 10 1" chronyd will correct the clock on the
first update by stepping instead of slewing if it's off by more than
10 seconds.