Re: [chrony-users] Fallback clock on event "Can't synchronise: no reachable sources"

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:10:20PM +0100, Ulrich Schwesinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally could get the tracking logs from the computer with one of
> the events in there, where the server is not reachable. Would be
> great if someone could help me interpret them. What I find strange
> is that there are large time intervals without an entry in the
> tracking.log file ... what does that mean? Is there something that
> looks suspicious?

According to the Ns value in the statistics logs and frequency of the
banners it looks like chronyd is being restarted and not continuously
running. Is some other process monitoring chronyd and restarting it
when it reports that it's not synchronized?

The first offset after restart does look larger than would be expected
if the clock was drifting from the last chronyd update, maybe
something else is touching the clock?