Re: [chrony-users] Control when the driftfile is written

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Andrew O'Brien wrote:

Hello list,

I'm interested in running chrony on an embedded device where the filesystem is normally mounted read only.  My plan was to have a cron job remount rw and ask chrony to write the driftfile but I can't seem to figure out that last part.

Well, you could have a small filesystem mounted in ram as a tmpfs, and then
have a cron job remount the disk/flash based filesystem rw and copy the drift
file over from the tmpfs filesystem.