RE: [chrony-users] Isolated time domains

On Tue, Dec 3 2013, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> > Is it possible to configure chronyd to always serve it's local clock, regardless
> of the state of the external/remote servers?
>
> This issue was discussed here some time ago. Currently, there is no option in
> chronyd which would allow serving the raw system time.
> It wouldn't be very difficult to implement, but I'm not sure if it would meet
> your requirements on the maximum error between the clients.

Do you know what time Chrony serves up when no remote servers are available and the 'local' option is specified?  I assumed, maybe falsely, that it was using the local system time.  So perhaps the support I'm looking for already exists, but not enabled at the times I want.

The maximum error between clients is 1 second.

Chris