[chrony-users] Query regarding "chronyd failing spuriously"

Hi all.

I have been able to successfully install, configure and run the "chronyd" service :)

However, I spuriously note the following things ::

a)
Even though "chronyd" is running in the background (confirmed by "service chronyd status"), the time does not sync up.
This generally happens when the "time drift" is very large.

b)
In other cases, (when the "time drift" is large), the "chronyd" service dies at some point, randomly (confirmed by "service chronyd status").

To cater to above, (and ensure that the time does not remain out of sync for more than 59 minutes), I have setup a hourly cron job, that does "service chronyd restart".
Doing a service restart, syncs the time, no matter what.

My query is ::
=========

Installing the hourly cron-job seems to be a hack, to make the time-syncing work seamlessly.
Is there a better way, to ensure that spurious cases a) and b) never happen?

Will be grateful for any replies, that help make the procedure smoother (and not rely on a hack) :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay