Re: [chrony-users] Query regarding "chronyd failing spuriously"

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:47:25PM +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
> 2)
> The machine where the "spurious" instances occur, is a Fedora-18 on ARM,
> using chrony-1.28.

When the chronyd service dies, do you see anything interesting in the
system log or systemctl status chronyd?

> One question ::
> ==========
>
> What is the time-interval, after which the time is supposed to be synced
> "automatically" ?
> (note that, I have not made any changes in "/etc/chrony.conf" whatsoever).

Is that with the default Fedora chrony.conf?

Normally the first clock update happens on the third received sample,
that's after 4 seconds with iburst or 128 seconds without iburst and
with default minpoll/maxpoll.

Also, the "chronyc tracking" command is useful to find out if the
daemon is currently synchronized (there is a non-zero Reference ID)
and the remaining offset correction (the System time field in the
output).