Re: [chrony-users] Interop with NTP version 1 and 4 clients

tir, 19 02 2013 kl. 08:31 -0800, skrev Bill Unruh:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Benny Lyne Amorsen wrote:
>
> > Chrony is working very well as an NTP server (not a stratum 1 of
>
> Chrony works perfectly well as a stratum 1-- just use refclock of say a gps
> pps source.

I didn't realize that chrony had PPS support. Excellent.

> What version of chrony are you using?

1.26

> No idea about this. As far as I know sntp uses exactly the same packets as
> does full ntpd. get a better app.

Yes well, getting a better app is an uphill battle. LG phones send SNTP
only. tcpdump shows the packets as NTPv1, and chrony ignores them.

> > Here is the tcpdump of a client indicating NTPv4 but receiving an NTPv3
> > answer. The client then proceeds to ignore that answer and repeats the
> > question.
>
> What software is being used by the client?

Good question. Aastra phones are the clients. They work with (and are
probably only tested against) ntp 4.2.x.

/Benny