Re: [chrony-users] hostnames vs. IP address in chrony.conf

On 30/10/2012 19:23, John.Florian@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Remember that chrony keeps the
> up to the past 64 queries to a server, and must make sure that all queries to
> the same server remain associated with the same server. Far easier to use IP
> to make that association. Chrony also keeps info for a server across various
> runnings of chrony if I recall correctly.

This makes a better argument.  Maybe chronyd should note the IP that provided the history and if it changes, invalidate the history and effectively restart.
I agree. Query history should be associated with IP, not domain. And then there is no problem.

Tom