[chrony-users] Question about delayed DNS resolving

the feature list of v1.25 included a statement: "Delayed server name resolving".
I'm wondering how this should work, as I didn't find any documentation about
this new feature?!

I'm trying to use chrony on an embedded system, and sometimes DNS resolution
is not yet set up when chronyd starts. Upstream NTP servers are added during
system startup via chronyc and "add server ..." commands.
However, when DNS is down then such commands are failing.
I already tried with the offline flag, e.g. "add server ... offline". But this didn't
worked, too.

I guess I'm doing something stupid? :-)

Regards,
Michael