Re: [chrony-users] gpsd, pps and chrony

On 04/04/2011 17:19, Bill Unruh wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, Ed W wrote:
>

>> Also I would like to investigate contributing 2 servers to the ntp pool.
>> I would like to try and use chrony for these... I understand this
>> hasn't been done previously, any thoughts?
>>

> My impression is that the pool people ONLY allow ntpd in the pool. And
> they
> test to make sure that you are running ntpd (eg using ntpq I suspect).

Hmm, well I guess we will see whether they are buying or selling...

However, if they are being strict on choice of software, then using an
"unreleased" software version is a strawman which is easy to put up.
There is a bunch of cool stuff in the current git and I think it would
be great to get a release out fairly imminently?

Oh, my freetime project at the moment is to try and get the GPIO
interrupts working as a kernel PPS module on the Alix board (hoping to
get higher accuracy than using a serial port...)  This coupled with an
old Garmin 18 appears to allow for the possibility of a nice Stratum 1
time server for around the $100 ish mark... Could be cool!  Will keep
you informed how it goes...

Cheers

Ed W

---