[chrony-dev] timex kernel offset parameter not updated

Dear,

On our cluster nodes we use node-exporter to collect the timex information from the kernel. The advantage of using the node-exporter timex collector is that it is independent of the NTP implementation used on the nodes (ntpd, chrony…). Unfortunately, it looks like chrony is not updating the timex kernel offset parameter. Its value is always ‘0’ while on nodes using ntpd, the timex kernel offset parameter represents the time offset in between local system and reference clock.

This seems like a shortcoming in chrony. Are there any plans to implement this functionality in the near future?

Regards,

Filip Verwee.

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Do not copy them or disclose the contents to any other person.