Re: [chrony-dev] Moving chrony website

On Jul 26, 2023, at 07:05, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 05:07:13PM -0700, Denny Page wrote:
FWIW, it looks like chrony.net <http://chrony.net/> and chrony.org <http://chrony.org/> are just being camped on hoping for a quick sale. Both are held by the same individual (Tampa FL), so it is likely either one or both domains could purchased for a small fee.

These two and few others seem to be owned by a Canadian company which
used to sell shooting chronographs. Last update on their websites is
from 2007. The contact form doesn't work. The phone number goes
straight to voicemail. I left a message, but got no calls back.

I think the Canadian company is long gone. The domains have privacy, but the underlying IP information does not. Reading the tea leaves… Email for both chrony.net and chrony.com route to a company called “The Producers, Inc.” Primary DNS for both domains is handled by "Directnic, LLC” (directnic.com), which is a domain/hosting reseller. Both of these companies are owned by the same two people, and both are based in the same residence in Tampa Bay, FL.

Contact name both is Sigmund Solares, email ssolares@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, phone +1-813-642-4377.