[no subject]

Our question mainly would be:

            Would it be possible to change the license of the specific
interface of the chronyc so as to allow a broader usage of it and avoid
reinventing the code differently in other libraries and languages?

Specifically the file meant is candm.h which makes the interface with
chonyd.

Thanks a lot for the attention and best regards,

Fred

--000000000000a75b7c05f98711e7

i, I am a Software Application Engineer working for Intel and enabling cust=
s improving Chrony on the PTP side, however many customers, with proprietar=
y code would like to make use of the chronyc interface (header file) to be =
 GPL v2 creates an obstacle for customers to use it, while this would be th=
e easiest approach for the customers in general to start using the chronyd =
interface.</p><p>From the mailing list I have observed several threads ment=
ioning the license of the header file.</p><p>Our question mainly would be:<=
/p><p>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Would it be =
possible to change the license of the specific interface of the chronyc so =
as to allow a broader usage of it and avoid reinventing the code differentl=
y in other libraries and languages?=C2=A0</p><p>Specifically the file meant=

--000000000000a75b7c05f98711e7--