Re: [chrony-dev] Frequency transfer in NTP

Quoting Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I guess most people here don't follow the NTP WG list. There is one
feature proposed for NTPv5 that I think would make a big difference
for chrony:

https://fedorapeople.org/~mlichvar/ntp-freq-transfer/

Very interesting, thank you for gathering this data.

I'm assuming the test case would be similar to the condition of "stratum 1 was drifting but came back into sync with its upstream source".

Does this proposed feature include a frequency error estimate like root dispersion's offset error estimate?

What are the security implications? Does frequency transfer prefer slower frequency changes over fast?