[chrony-dev] IPv6 link-local support

I was trying to use a IPv6 link-local address for the host running
chrony as a server. chronyc clearly shows that chronyd receives the
packets, but the clients (running ntpd) never receive a response.
Googling a bit, I stumbled on

https://serverfault.com/questions/876504/how-to-configure-ntp-server-and-chrony-client-for-time-sync-over-link-local-ipv6

with the rather clear comment "chrony doesn't support link-local addresses"..

Now, is that a fundamental limitation, or is it something that might be
supported? We have a number of clients that want to switch to chrony,
but lack of IPv6LL is mostly a showstopper. I'm happy to try to dig into
the code and help produce patches, but I will probably need a few
pointers to get me started.

Thanks,
Rasmus

[resending because I at first failed to notice the "Only subscribers can
post to the lists."]