Re: [chrony-dev] Building chrony 3.2 on macOS 13.1

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 01:49:50PM +0700, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
> The sub-makes (like make docs) do not work if the make filename (“/Volumes/x.12 + เม่น/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make” in my case) contains any spaces.
>
> Changing all occurrences of : $(MAKE)  to: ‘$(MAKE)’ in chrony-3.2/Makefile.in seems to fix this problem.

You mean 'make' using the apostrophe character (ASCII 0x27)?

I have never seen commands in a Makefile quoted like that. As I
understand it, make generally does not support filenames with spaces.

Do other projects build ok with paths like that? From a quick search,
it looks like creating a symlink which does not contain spaces is a
recommended work around.