Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch master updated. 3.1-16-gabb0941

I thing one of the design goals of clang was to be gcc compatible. I don't recall having compiler option issues building other packages on macOS. Usually the only problems come with the include files and data-types (as expected).

No problem for me to try compiling chrony with security-specific options and we can easily find out what works and what doesn't.

> On 20/04/2017, at 12:01 AM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:53:45PM +1200, Bryan Christianson wrote:
>> It looks good on macOS Sierra 10.12.4
>> FYI - Here is the output from configure - Apple install clang as gcc so I'm not sure if that makes any difference to the configure script.
>
> Thanks for the information. In such case, the change in the configure
> script would make a difference only for people running the script with
> CC=clang.
>
> Linking gcc to clang is interesting. Does clang support all
> command-line options of gcc? I was thinking about adding some
> security-specific options to the default CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, like most
> Linux distributions use in their packages, so users who compile
> chrony from the sources and don't set their own CFLAGS can get those
> security features too. If the same options could be used with clang,
> that would make it easier.
>
> --
> Miroslav Lichvar
>
> --