Re: [chrony-dev] [GIT] chrony/chrony.git branch master updated. 3.1-16-gabb0941

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:53:45PM +1200, Bryan Christianson wrote:
> It looks good on macOS Sierra 10.12.4
> FYI - Here is the output from configure - Apple install clang as gcc so I'm not sure if that makes any difference to the configure script.

Thanks for the information. In such case, the change in the configure
script would make a difference only for people running the script with
CC=clang.

Linking gcc to clang is interesting. Does clang support all
command-line options of gcc? I was thinking about adding some
security-specific options to the default CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, like most
Linux distributions use in their packages, so users who compile
chrony from the sources and don't set their own CFLAGS can get those
security features too. If the same options could be used with clang,
that would make it easier.