[chrony-dev] Chrony and NSS support

I'm currently in the process of trying to build and package chrony for SUSE.  I've run into a problem with segfaults happening if NSS support is built in, so I'm currently using "--without-nss" in the call to the configure script.  I'm assuming that we'll figure out what the problem is eventually and get it fixed, but in the meantime, just what functionality will be missing when compiling using --without-nss?  Are there any pointers to documentation or prior discussion that would help me explain the result to my team?

Thanks,

Mark Post